Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm here, just . . .

. . . 3000 miles away at the moment. We're on vacation in Oregon. But I'll be back and alone (my husband is going to a conference in CA for a week after this) soon, so I'm sure I'll be posting lots next week.

This has been a fascinating vacation, for while I have indulged more often than usual, I have used the realization that stuffing myself makes me miserable to keep myself in check; I have enjoyed veggie-packed meals because I was craving them; I have realized that I not only am not craving desserts as I was before--I also cannot tolerate them in the same abundance as I used to; and I have (while not running--doesn't work with the schedule and weather) happily exercised with walking, hiking, etc. AND have realized I miss running. MISS it--Really!

This has also been a thoroughly enjoyable vacation because my husband and I saved money for it for half a year. Knowing the budget for our trip and knowing everything was paid for in advance has been marvelous. We're never getting back into consumer debt again--I swear!

2 comments:

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Kim said...

I'm glad to hear that you have been having such a great time! Enjoy it all!! :)