Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Day 5, Wk 4, C25K

I've done two more days of week 4. I'm still not feeling super-confident, but I was able to do them in completion, so I'm going to move on to Week 5!

I went to an exercise store in Atlanta where a personal trainer was very kind in helping me get resistance bands and an exercise ball. I feel self-conscious going into stores that are solely about exercise, but he was very helpful and genuine. If you're in the Atlanta area, check out Fitness Resource in Buckhead if you need something they offer--it's fitness equipment only, from low-tech to high-tech.

Now I have to develop a work-out for my arms with my new equipment! Not that it has anything to do with any of my ultimate goals, but I'm in a wedding 8 weeks from now, and it will be nice to firm up my arms some to go along with the rest of my slimmer profile in my bridesmaid dress!

8 comments:

Cory said...

Congrats on moving on to Week 5. That's fantastic.

I'm also glad to hear that you had a good shopping experience. You'll be proud of those firm arms come summer!

PearShapedGirl said...

Veggie, it seems like only yesterday you started the C25K! You're rocketing through, good work! Maybe you should run the half marathon for me... ;)

Hopefully you can post your arm routine on here. I'm sure that's one area a lot of us would like to tone up, especially for summer. And girl, you're going to need to get that bridesmaid dress altered - it'll be way too big!

Take care,
PSG

Andrea said...

I second the suggestion of posting your arm routine on here. ;) I use dumbells, getting my workout mostly from the Body for Life book. I would love to see what you get from a ball and bands.

Have you seen the Buff Brides book? It's a really good resource for wedding-oriented workouts. Plus, I like to watch the show.

I'm so proud of you! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good job on building muscle mass which is the most important marker of success. Keep up the good work...

Cheers,

Judi
Become a fitness coach for free...
www.milliondollarbody.com/judifinneran

Foodie Girl said...

I need to look into those resistent bands. Are you following a specific workout?

Salma Gundi said...

Awesome! Congratulations on the end of Week 4 and good luck on the start of Week 5!

Sally JPA said...

Thanks, Cory!

Pear, I will post the routine once I've figured it out. :) Fortunately, I ordered the bridesmaid dress in a 14 when I wasn't yet a 14 (which you aren't supposed to do, but I knew my weight was going down), so it won't need much alteration, I don't think.

Andrea, I've heard of that book but never read it. I'll have to check it out.

Judy, thanks.

Abba, I have been cobbling together an upper-body work-out to coordinate with the lower-body work-out I get from running.

Salma, thanks!

Robyn said...

you are kicking serious ass! Yay for being a smokin hot bridesmaid!

I can't believe you're already on week 5 - it seems like you just started this whole thing..hehe

I also would love to know what arm exercises you're doing - I have resistance band that I've never even taken out of the packaging!